Jan 18, 2009

Chapter6 The Cowardly Lion

The road was getting worse, the woods was getting denser, there were scary growls...but they were safe because the Scarecrow and the Tin Woodman didn't have flesh and Dorothy had a charm of the Witch of the North, except Toto...while they were talking that...bingo! A huge lion attacked Toto!

Toto was brave. He didn't hesitate to battle against the big lion. However, if the lion was not the Cowardly Lion, he would have been eaten just in one bite. There is only an fine line between bravery and recklessness.

When I read this book before, I thought the Lion was annoying because he was always weeping. But this time, I've changed my mind. The Lion blames himself because he cannot live up to other's expectations which is "Lion is king of all beasts. He must be very brave." Now I think he is a very responsible and good fellow. He got friendly with Toto very soon.

I like the Woodman's words:"You people with hearts have something to guide you, and need never do wrong; but I have no heart, and so I must be very careful." Actually, that shows us that the Woodman has a heart, right? Being thoughtful to others is sometimes very difficult even if we have hearts.

It was also shown to us how the Scarecrow was smart when he solved the Tin Woodman's trouble.

At first, I thought Dorothy's wish was the easiest to make come true because we cannot give someone brain or heart or bravery. However, maybe, hers is the most difficult. These three attendants seem to need only some counselings.

No comments:

Post a Comment